The Liebster Award
I’ve been nominated to do the Liebster Award by the lovely Jasmine from thesepaperwords. I’m honoured and excited to do this, so thankyou Jasmine, and I recommend all of you reading this to check out her blog and follow her, her blog is lovely.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
- Find some way to inform those who you have nominated.
Questions From Jasmine:
1. Favourite book you’ve read this year?
I’ve read quite a few awesome books this year already, but I would have to say that The Blood of Olympus (Book 5 in the Heroes of Olympus Series) by Rick Riordan is my favourite book I’ve read so far this year!
2. Pick a character you like and a song they’d serenade to their other half.
I’ve got a PERFECT book couple for this! Clary and Jace. I think Clary would serenade When The Darkness Comes by Colbie Callait to Jace and vice-vera! I can just see it right now.
3. A quote that inspires you.
– Ah, my mind is blank, I can’t think of one!!!
4. A character you would date if they were real.
Okay, I have two boys that I would date if they were real. First is Jace from the Mortal Instruments. He is just downright gorgeous. I’m still in love with him even though it’s been I think a year since I read the series.
The second is Leo from the Heroes of Olympus series. Leo… I love him more than I love cats – and that’s saying something. He is such a charming, hilarious, adorable guy! If he was real I would be all over him.
5. A book that surprised you or a book that you didn’t expect to like.
I have to pick Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey for this, no doubt. I was so sure I would not enjoy this book at all, and surprisingly, I found myself falling in love with the stories, the characters and everything about this book. When I finished it, my eyes were shining with tears!
6. Name an author you’d love to meet and pick their brains.
I am quite shy and I don’t think I would have the courage to meet an author, let alone pick out their brains with questions! But I would love to meet Rick Riordan and ask him about his books or I would love to meet John Green and have a conversation with him! Also, Cassandra Clare would be a great author to meet and ask her questions!
7. What is your favourite kind of book to read on a cold winter day?
Hm… I think the book I would pick to read on a cold winter’s day would have to be… The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. This is a book I read quite a long time ago, so I vaguely remember it but I think it would be a perfect read on a cold winter day. It basically follows a girl and a boy over 24 hours and how their paths cross very coincidentally and how they develop over the 24 hours that they know each other. Fun and entertaining.
8. Do you have a book that you read every year or have re-read more than once?
The only book I have ever re-read is the House of Night Series, and I don’t think I would re-read that again. I believe I have outgrown it, but I loved it so much. An awesome, action packed adventure of vampires and magic and awesomeness. But a book that I would re-read every year would definitely be The Inheritance Cycle, or the Hobbit. But there are so many other books I would re-read every year. It’s hard to pick one!
9. Favourite ending to a book?
To be honest, I really loved the ending of the Inheritance Cycle, even though it made me really sad, wishing it would end differently. But if I had to pick a book with the best ending, I’d have to say the Fallen Series by Lauren Kate. The ending of the last book, Rapture, just gave me tingles. I loved it. So much.
10. A book that made you cry.
Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Golly gosh, I couldn’t handle it. My heart was shattered. However, not as shattered as it was after The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. My goodness, that book broke me. I cried for 3 hours!
11. A book you believe every book-lover should read, no matter what their preferences.
This is hard, because there is no guarantee that everyone will love a certain book. In my opinion, I believe everyone should read The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. It’s just a total masterpiece that I believe no one should miss out of something so good. It’s a book that should never be forgotten.
So that is it for the questions! Once again, I thank Jasmine for nominating me, I had such fun doing this. Now, it’s time for me to nominate some people to do this! So here are the people I nominate! Also, go check them out if you are reading this and tell them I sent you.